Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Regimen Reloaded!

I'm so hype about my hair today!
Product Dream Team!
After a week of utter lethargy, I'm back in the swing of things with my regimen. Well, at least for now I am. Also, I've added a few new products and procedures to my hair care routine. I recently started using COCONUT OIL, which I am now obsessed with-- not only does my hair love it, but so does my skin. I will probably use this stuff until I die (not to be morbid, but real talk, I will). I also bought CASTOR OIL, which I use to seal my ends-- again, I really should have started using this stuff earlier. My hair is shiny and moisturized with each application, plus, it's a really light oil so it doesn't weigh my hair down. I want to briefly mention two new products that I will be reviewing sometime in the near future. The first is Carol's Daughter MONOI SPLIT END SEALER and Organix COCONUT MILK CONDITIONER. I've used them together for the first time today and I'm so pleased with the results! Here's a picture of what my hair looks like today; this is a braid-out on FIRST DAY HAIR!!! I know my 4C girls feel me on this because my hair never looks this stretched or this defined the day after washing it. As a part of my wash-day regimen, I clarified my hair with diluted apple cider vinegar which I let sit for about 10-15 minutes. I then co-washed with Organix Conditioner. After my hair air dried about 30% of the way, I applied the coconut oil and split end sealer to my hair in small sections which I then blow dried (using the tension drying method..check the YT for tutorials). Note that I only dried my hair about 75% of the way, on medium heat, and let it air dry over night. I braided with African Pride's BOUNCY CURL PUDDING (review coming soon). I took down my braids this morning and I'm so hype about the results. I hope you all are having a great hair day too! 


PEACE & LOVE,

AphroKiKi

No comments:

Post a Comment